Are you struggling to top up your prepayment gas/electric meter due to COVID-19?
Do you live in Bristol or North Somerset?
The Warmer Homes, Advice & Money (WHAM) project can help!
· Call your gas/electric supplier first, they may be able to offer short-term support.
· If you are still struggling to top up or are worried about running out whilst self-isolating, contact Warmer Homes, Advice and Money (WHAM).
· Call 0800 082 2234 or fill in our contact form at www.cse.org.uk/covid-support
The WHAM project can also advise you on:
- Making your home warmer and saving money on your fuel bills
- Understanding your energy bills, your tariff and reading the meter
- Grants, discounts and other offers available to maximise your income
- Making energy saving improvements and repairs to your home
- Specialist benefits and debt advice
Message from Dr Dan Magnus, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Everyone is doing their bit to help beat Coronavirus. Do your bit by going to the right place for medical care.
It is important for parents and families to understand that our local emergency departments are still open for anyone who needs it. If you think your child has a very serious or life-threatening condition you must go to A&E or call 999.
If your child has a minor injury, please go to your nearest Minor Injuries Units at:
• South Bristol Community Hospital, Hengrove
• North Somerset Community Hospital, Clevedon
• West Gate Centre, Yate
If your child has a minor illness, please contact your GP practice.
For 24/7 advice please go to 111.nhs.uk
Do your bit for the NHS.
Dr. Dan Magnus, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children