Walking to School
WALKING TO SCHOOL
As part of our aim to be a ‘healthy school’ we encourage all our children to walk to school if possible. There are many reasons why we encourage our children to walk to school.
- Walking provides good exercise
- If families walk together it can be a sociable start to the day
- It gives children the opportunity to understand the importance of road safety.
- Parking around the school is limited
- Traffic Congestion caused by parents trying to park near the school has potential to cause accidents.
- It helps reduce the impact of car pollution on the environment.
If it is not possible to walk, to avoid congestion around the school, we encourage parents/carers to park in the surrounding area. There is a lane from Vereland Road that leads through to the main road opposite the school.